Online Comparison Shopping Review

Monday, April 4, 2011

I am a big fan of online shopping, especially when I am looking for something specific or unique.  As a mother of two small children, shopping in stores can really be a hassle.  I recently encountered http://www.become.com/ and decided to test it out with a few searches. The nice thing about a site like this is that it pulls the item you are looking for from multiple retailers and lets you compare them all on one screen.  A thumbnail of the item, description, location and price are all in a tidy format for easy comparison without having to jump from site to site.

I did several searches at http://www.become.com/, looking for several different products.  I searched for seventeen bedding (very cute, funky stuff inspired by Seventeen Magazine) and it really didn't provide the results I was looking for, but did offer links to other sites featuring the brand.  I also looked for dressing tables with mirror with slightly better results.  (Found a really cute pink one for little girls, but it was a bit pricey for a 3 year old!)  Next I tried for a moon chair and got some decent results.  I had better luck searching for a canvas book display and quad stroller, which I'm hoping to purchase within the next month.  These two items really supplied more results for a true price comparison.

Overall, the site had a clean and tidy appearance and fair results.  I typically search for an item using a search engine and then hop from site to site, and this can be time consuming.  I haven't really used many comparison sites and I'd love to get some feed back as to what sites you use to do your comparison shopping.  Have you tried http://www.become.com/?  How did you like it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment