My First Time

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Here I sit on a Saturday night, kids in bed, a glass of wine within reach, and I begin my very first blog.  I have been a stay at home mom now since July of 2010 and a Licensed Day Care Provider since November 2010.  Having been a mom who worked ten hours a day outside the home (including commute), I truly appreciate the new found benefits of working at home. 

On the downside, our income was greatly decreased.  So far, we've managed.  While viewing a program on TLC on a Sunday evening a few months ago, I was amazed to witness the featured "extreme couponers" saving tons and tons of money by effectively using coupons.  I was intrigued.  It seemed to be around the same time that I noticed a friend on FB posting her own successful money saving experiences.  I was inspired.  I should be doing that, too!

It didn't take long before I started surfing the web, reading blogs, checking store ads,printing coupons, clipping coupons, signing up for store "savings cards" and SAVING MONEY!  I actually got addicted pretty quick.  I gained a lot of useful information from blogs created by other moms trying to save a buck.  Blogs?  Hey, I should do that, too. 

So, I decided to start this blog.  I get excited when I get a really good deal, and I want to share so that someone else can maybe get a really good deal, too.  I also love to cook and sometimes I want to share a really good recipe.  Sometimes I want to talk about my kids and parenting.  Sometimes, I want an outside opinion on things.  Hence, the blog.  I'm just in a sharing mood.  LOL.  I'm new to blogging, so don't expect too much, too soon.  But I hope to be able to post regularly about things that I hope will be useful to my readers.  Deals, recipes, opinions, good books, family, and who knows what else.  My long term goal is to build a well-viewed blog site with many useful posts and links, and to eventually even make a little extra income.

For those of you reading this, I hope you will subscribe to Jessica, The Mom and I hope that you find it useful as it grows.  Please share my blog and help me build viewers / readers.  And please feel free to comment or contact me.  I may be interested in posting certain info, links, or reviews about your product, service, group, cause, etc.  Thanks so much for taking a few minutes to read my very first blog!  Keep in touch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment