Cherry White Cheese Cake

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo for this one yet, but I promise to add it next time I or my grandma makes this.  This is my grandmas recipe and a family favorite for sure!  I wanted to post it in time for Easter, since many of us do some cooking/baking for the holidays.  Let me know how you like this one!

NOTE:  This recipe makes two 13x9 cakes.  If you only want one and don't want to waste the other half of the cake batter, try it in a slightly larger jelly roll pan.

1 package of white cake mix
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
4 cups of powdered sugar
1 16oz container of whipped topping, thawed
2 cans of cherry pie filling

**also good topped with strawberry or blueberry

Prepare and bake cake as directed on package, using only half the batter.  Cool.  Beat cream cheese & sugar until fluffy.  Fold in whipped topping.  Spread over cooled cake.  Top with pie filling.  Chill and keep chilled.

So yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment